← Back to Open Jobs
Accounting Manager | Job ID: Job #1432
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monthly preparation, review and reconciliation of financial information for management reporting, as well as the required reporting to out Board of Directors
- Maintain financial security through implementation of financial controls
- Oversee the monthly close process and assist the GL team as needed in order to meet closing deadlines directed by the Chief Financial Officer
- Preparation of more complex account reconciliations and monthly review of balance sheet reconciliations prepared by staff
- Documentation of the various systems & processes enhancements.
- Maintains accounting controls through maintenance of Chart of Accounts and defining accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual close calendar and manage tasks to completion with prescribed deadlines
- Ownership and review of monthly financial statements and related analytics
- Research and analysis of accounting pronouncements.
- Coordinate and manage the annual external audits of all entities.
- Support sales, IT, R&D, business development and operations managers as needed through researching and interpreting accounting policy to prepare financial analysis and make recommendations regarding resolution of financial issues
- Provide management oversight and guidance to accounting staff
- Provide key financial ratios with analytics for significant fluctuations
- Knowledge for maintenance and support of financial systems; Oracle, HFM, etc.
- Interact with ELT and Senior Management on all matters pertinent to financial reporting and accounting.
- BS Accounting
- 6-10 years related GL accounting and financial reporting experience required, cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- CPA required, MBA a plus
- Pharmaceutical experience highly recommended
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively cross-functionally Team player,
- Results driven self-starter, who can work independently or with minimal supervision and who has success in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to implement and maintain financial controls and accounting policies and procedures
- Prior supervisory experience required (3 years minimum)
- Public accounting experience a plus
- attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and oral)
- Judgment and problem-solving
- Oracle, SAP or other ERP system experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365