Quality Assurance | Job ID: 2682
The IT Quality Assurance Technician I is responsible for creating technical and business test cases and testing the application based on those test cases to identify any issues. Learn commonly used testing concepts, practices and procedures. Responsible for hardware and software related support. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under supervision of a manager/supervisor.
- Design test cases based on Business and Technical Requirements.
- Develop deep understanding of the Application in the test environment and incorporate that knowledge into thorough and accurate test plans.
- Execute functional test cases, regression test cases and end to end test cases to confirm that the Application is working as expected.
- Report Software Bugs by documenting detailed steps to reproduce.
- Ensure that testing is well defined, planned and executed.
- Focus on deliverables and identify Software Bugs during initial testing to minimize the need for multiple revisions to the software changes.
- Assist staff with application/software related issues
- Assist STF and staff with hardware related issues
- Set/up breakdown of work stations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The level of education generally necessary to effectively handle the job’s essential functions is an Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Quality assurance software testing experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manor.
- Ability to multitask while following instructions/schedules/timelines for multiple priorities.
- Passionate about work, proactive, and highly motivated.
- Creative with close attention to detail.
- Takes initiative to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn new processes and new technologies.